Dr. Cyril H. Wecht
The forensic pathology world of Dr. Cyril Wecht is one where mystery meets science, law and medicine join forces, and amazing discoveries lurk around every corner.
Most importantly, it is a world where the application of fundamental scientific principles and sound investigative techniques can help to uncover the truth and ensure that justice is served.
Career Training Academy is honored to welcome Dr. Wecht as our commencement keynote as we celebrate the Class of 2018 and the opportunity every graduate has to contribute to a healthcare system where every person and every job is valuable, meaningful and inextricably important.
Get to Know Dr. Cyril H. Wecht
Dr. Wecht has been instrumental in medical-legal seminars in more than fifty countries and has performed approximately 17,000 autopsies and has supervised or consulted on approximately 30,000 additional postmortem examinations. He currently serves at the President of the Saint Francis Central Hospital medical staff.
As a nationally acclaimed expert in forensic medicine, Dr. Wecht has appeared on numerous nationally syndicated programs to offer experienced commentary on medicolegal and forensic scientific issues, including medical malpractice, drug abuse, the assassinations of both President John F. Kennedy and Senator Robert F. Kennedy, the death of Elvis Presley, the O.J. Simpson case, and the JonBenet Ramsey cases.
His expertise has also been utilized in high profile cases involving Mary Jo Kopechne, Sunny von Bulow, Jean Harris, Dr. Jeffrey McDonald, the Waco Branch Davidian fire, and Vincent Foster.
A comprehensive study of these cases are discussed from the perspective of Dr. Wecht’s own professional involvement in his books published by Dutton/Penguin, Cause of Death, Grave Secrets, and Who Killed JonBenet Ramsey?
Dr. Wecht’s many accolades and academic appointments include his role as:
- Clinical Professor at the University of Pittsburgh Schools of Medicine, Dental Medicine, and Graduate School of Public Health
- Adjunct Professor at the Duquesne University School of Law School of Pharmacy, and School of Health Sciences
- Past President of the American College of Legal Medicine and the American Academy of Forensic Sciences
- Served as Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the American Board of Legal Medicine and the American College of Legal Medicine Foundation
- Author of more than 550 professional publications, and editorial board member of more than 20 national and international medical-legal and forensic scientific publications