High School Presentations
In a region where career fields continuously evolve and the value of an education is well matched with rising demand, there’s no better resource for high school students looking to enter a healthcare field than Career Training Academy. We prepare students to meet the needs of the growing opportunities in healthcare with focused, industry-specific training. Employers turn to Career Training Academy to help them meet a critical demand for their trained workforce within our local communities.
For the 2015-2016 school year, Career Training Academy is excited to offer a NEW interactive multimedia presentation for your students. The presentation is a free service specifically designed to be a unique addition to your curriculum and will reinforce the lessons and life skills you teach everyday. It focuses on discovering their hard and soft skills through interactive activities and how to apply them in high school, college, and careers. Some of the educational activities include:
- Straight To The Point – Writing and Comprehension Skills
- Shape Shifting – Personality Traits & Assessment
- Multitasking – How focused are you?
- Patience – Do you jump the gun?
- Attention To Detail – A small mistake can be a BIG mistake!
Don’t be left out! You can easily request a presentation for your seniors and junior by calling or emailing me directly.
High School Representative
Career Training Academy has proudly partnered with several Career and Technology Centers in the area to provide articulation agreements for eligible students. These agreements allow specific high school course credits to be applied to the students’ chosen program at CTA, which reduces the need for students to repeat skills training that has already been met through their high school classes. We currently have articulation agreements with the following schools:
- W. Beattie Career Center
- Beaver County Career & Technology Center
- Butler County Area Vocational-Technical School
- Central Westmoreland Career & Technology Center
- Forbes Road Career & Technology Center
- Lenape Tech
- Mon Valley Career & Technology Center
- Northern Westmoreland Career & Technology Center
- Steel Center AVTS
- Western Area Career & Technology Center